Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Things I Have Learned Today...

  • Terry cloth cover-ups are not appropriate attire for a doctor's appointment.
  • Donuts, coffee and cake are staples in an office of care takers.
  • Captain Morgan lanyards with beer bottle openers worn by clinicians DO NOT impress the doctor.
  • Disinfectant/air freshener is my friend.
  • I can throw a small handful of mini pretzels in my mouth in my office and have them finished by the time I get to the waiting room.
  • I have VERY little willpower around coffee, donuts and cake.
  • I love Facebook.
  • I am easily swayed by others opinions. Definitely keeping a check on that one!!!
  • Scarves are NOT fun to wear on a windy day...or a day you use a stethoscope.
  • Losing .4 pounds is better than gaining .4 pounds.
  • Reading about a girlfriend's prenatal visits bring a tear to my eye.
  • My son has the potential for being a really great pitcher.
  • I am learning how to be a better mom everyday at work. It's a bonus for sure!
  • I really really really love all of the roles I have in my life!
  • Tuesday is the craziest day of the week....EVER!
  • Calling people you know personally about clients is WEIRD!
  • People will tell a nurse ANYTHING!
  • A good laugh is ESSENTIAL in my line of work!

5 comments:

Country Mouse said...

Hey! "People will tell a nurse ANYTHING!" That's ME! :)

LouAnn Tovey said...

haha! Lynne, you are amazing! I'm so glad I know you... you always have such a positive and optimistic attitude and are a genuinely happy person!

Momma S said...

Do tell why not carry a beer bottle opener, what if a patient wants to kick back with a cold one!?!
Thank you for the funny posting. Laughter is essential in my life too!

Mama H said...

Love the post!!!! I'm with Mama Sunshine...I do want more info on the Captain Morgans lanyard...I don't think it's your lanyard so I would love to hear the story!!! Do tell...

mykids4hisglory said...

It was a clinician from another office...she had her badge and keys hanging from her Captain Morgan lanyard and a great big (3in. long) bottle opener!!
I was NOT impressed...and neither was the doctor...he called me afterwards to chuckle about it! There were some personality things with her that he was concerned with too...