Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Happy Birthday, HotRod!!!

On this day 8 years ago I was combing Princess's hair so she could go to her girlfriend's birthday party. I had been having really bad stomach cramps but they just felt digestive in nature so decided to take a shower to see if I felt better. While in the shower I became unable to stand without holding the wall. DH came home after dropping Princess off and had him bring me to the hospital. I was 7 cm dialated!!!! Hot Rod was born within 45 minutes!
I remember when I first fell in love with him.
After everyone had left (except for DH & Princess...they spent the night but they were asleep) I woke up to nurse HotRod. While I sat in bed nursing him he looked up at me with those big brown eyes. I know he couldn't see me but...hey, it's my story!!! I MELTED!
I remember saying, "I love you too..." and starting to cry.
I always tell HotRod God has a very special plan for him. He has a HUGE caring heart. Great sense of humor. He is gifted with many words. Smarts. Athletic ability.
It's been a great joy to watch him grow and I am so excited to see the boy and man he will become.
Happy Birthday, HotRod!!!
We love you!!!

3 comments:

Mama H said...

Happy Birthday, Indeed!!!!!

*I can't get over how much Tony looks like Hot-Rod when he was younger!!! WHOA!!!*

Country Mouse said...

Happy B-day!!! :)

LouAnn Tovey said...

Aaaawwwww.... 8 years already! My boy just turned 8, too :( Why must they get older???