Monday, March 16, 2009

Happy Birthday, Mimi!

On Saturday March 7 we spent some time with my Gram (aka 'Mimi' per Princess's request when she was 5), for her birthday!

I was lucky enough to live next door to my Gram off and on throughout my childhood and had the opportunity to spend a lot of time with her.

I love my Gram's meatloaf with tomatoes and olives, baked beans and Italian pasta salad. She's always sharing her old recipes with me! That weekend it was Potato Wine!

I love getting together with my Gram, Mom and daughter for movie nights.

My Gram is one of the strongest, if not the strongest women, I know!

Mimi and I in 1975.


Princess, me, my Mom, my Mimi and Memere Michaud. (say that three times fast!)

Five generations!

DH showing Mimi how to fool with her phone. Princess and Aunt Peggy chatting.

My Uncle Don and DH!

We gave Mimi a card that made a dig toward the inevitable hearing loss that accompanies increasing age. The funniest thing is she doesn't have a problem hearing...so we thought!!!
As you all know there are few pictures of me b/c I'm the one that takes the pictures. Well, I FINALLY asked my DH to take a picture of me w/the girls. He got distracted talking and took forever. I made a comment and he said maybe next time I should set it up with the timer on it. :o)
I said that was a great idea. I do want a tripod for my birthday. I was telling Mimi there is this neat tripod with flexible legs so you can attach it to things and set the timer, like a fence post.
Then she asks me, "Why would you want to set up a tripod on your bed post?"
Oh my word...we laughed so hard!
And the hearing loss begins...
Princess, Mimi, me and Aunt Peggy
Happy Birthday, Mimi!! We love you!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lynne....that's an awesome picture of you, Gram, Mom and E.