Monday, March 2, 2009

Saturday Deals

On Saturday a friend of mine, Mama H and I took our little boys out for some food shopping.
Let's just say right off the bat...she got an eggplant, an avocado and one more thing...I can't remember...and that's all! So I guess I should say I dragged her and PQ along with Peanut and I so I could do some shopping! LOL!
She wanted to check out Angel Food Ministries!
http://www.angelfoodministries.com/
I got the fresh fruits and veggies box for $22
1 Pineapple
3 lbs potatoes
3 lbs oranges
2 pears
2 lbs yellow onions
1 head of cabbage
3 lbs apples
3 lbs sweet potatoes
1 lbs carrots
1 box of raisins
The Regular Box for $30

1 lb boneless pork chops
1 lb bacon
2 chicken breasts
2 lbs chicken nuggets
hot dogs
fries
salisbury steak
broccoli stirfry
1 lbs carrots
1,5 lbs sirlion steaks
1 lb rice
1 dozen eggs
1 lb beans
quart of milk
pie
mac & cheese
cereal but not in the picture...giving that to a friend

Then I went to Tran's...an Asian produce market in Biddeford...$65

2 lbs brocolli
1 qt strawberries
1 qt blueberries
1 pineapple
3 lbs pears
3 lbs grapes
2 pts grape tomatoes
5 lbs mandarins
3 avocados
3 lbs mixed peppers
3 lbs baby carrots
3 lbs regular carrots
2 zuchini
1 lb dates
1 eggplant
4 lbs bananas
2 lbs mushrooms
1 gallon milk
3 lbs lemons
1 lb sugar snap peas
3 lbs sweet potatoes
3 lbs apples
2 cukes
1 big bag spring mix greens

I think I need to stop feeding the children such healthy food...

Notice our growth chart...they are catching up!!

4 comments:

Mama H said...

You didn't DRAG me, silly. I didn't prepare a list ahead of time so I was a little overwhelmed...hahaha!

I love the growth chart!!!!

LouAnn Tovey said...

Wow... you do eat healthy! Where is Angel Food Ministries, anyway??? Do they have "vegetarian boxes", too??? I don't eat meat, although my fam does...

How's the new job?

Momma S said...

Wow, How do can we get in on Angle Food Ministries. Looks like a great way to save and eat healthy. Two things I love to do!

Anonymous said...

Hi there!

I am a friend of your cousin Michelle and I've also been telling her about Angel Food (she forwarded your blog so I could check it out. I like it!) I am the coordinator for one of the host sites that distribute Angel Food. Please let your friends know that the three closest distribution sites are Biddeford, Scarborough and Steep Falls (Standish). There are no qualifications (EVERYONE can order it), no verifications, no fine print, and you can get as much as you want. It just helps people out with their grocery bill. Who doesn't want to get $65 worth of food for $30? There's a menu that changes each month and is posted on the website you listed. I'm sure that any of the local host sites would welcome both orders and volunteers to help distribute. If any of your friends needs more information, please feel free to have them contact me. I'd be more than happy to provide additional information.

Thanks again for letting people know about Angel Food Ministries! Great job!

Missy Ward
scooter4806@yahoo.com