Saturday, March 7, 2009

Sunday At Y Champs in Orono

I'm catching up!

Sunday 3/1/09 Princess, her friend A and my friend MA headed up to UMO for Princess's and A's swim meet.

It was a great time! The 2 1/2 hour ride up and back as well as the 2 hour wait to get it was NOTHING! LOL!

It was definitely worth it. We had a blast!

One thing I didn't like was the fact that we were in bleachers in a balcony. Now some of you may know that chlorine fumes rise...some of you may not. Well, I was on the fence with that one UNTIL...my eyes started burning, my throat got sore, my heart started racing and I got a headache and dizzy. Then I got giggly! Total oxygen deprivation!

I had to leave several times for some fresh air!

It was crazy.

Princess thought it was way cool she was on a college campus. This is something we are going to be exploring in less than one year! In the fall she'll be a junior in HS! UGH!

She also thought it was cool that she swam in the same pool as Ian Crocker. He holds one of the pool records there.

Also, if you look very carefully at the board below you will see "Springer" for the 200 Medley Relay.

Despite thorough research we cannot determine if this is he Uncle Ben or not.



Here are the girls dancing to YMCA...of course!



I think teen-age girls are a RIOT!!!



I am VERY proud of my Princess.
She got her personal best in a couple of her races and is continuing to "train" (we have differing ideas as to what THAT means...socializing in the lobby at the Y is apparently part of her regimen...hehehe!!!) after school everyday.
She is "going to place next time"!!!
You go, girl!


No comments: