Through a series of events (my preceptor needed the day off) I got Saturday off and was able to go to my Adams Family Reunion...this year was our 10th!
We've been having it at the Rec in Springvale for the passed few years b/c it's such a great place. Volleyball, horseshoes, huge field for wiffle ball, playground, lake and huge sitting area for all of our yummy food!!!
It's nice to see aunts, uncles and cousins I don't see very often...
Ok...tell me if you've EVER heard of this...my cousin's boyfriend brought a treat. Chocolate chip cookies which a 1" chunk of BACON on the top of it!!! I SWORE it was a joke!!! I still do. Are you serious?! I told me DH if it had a sliver of apple pie on the top of it he'd be in heaven. LOL! He wouldn't try one. Niether did I...cracked me up though!!!
Sunday I worked.
Today was the first day of Vacation Bible School at our church. My girlfriend and I are the openers/closers for the day. We lead in music, prayer and all sorts of other CRAZINESS! I'll post some pics later. It was a blast...what a blessing it is to me...I love the energy!! It's all about the power we get from Jesus.
He gives us the power to be thankful, to help others, to live forever, etc...
The Weekend Report
1 day ago
3 comments:
I had such an awesome time with you today. We definitely play off from one another and it makes is INSANELY CRAZY (in a good way)! SO FUN INDEED!!!
HOLD UP! You are an Adams!? Did I know this???
And no.. never heard of bacon on a chocolate chip cookie. I think someone was hitting the Reunion Juice while baking. LOL.
"reunion juice" BAH! :)
Can't wait to see pics of the mad scientists!!! :) Glad you girls are having so much fun. Those kids are SOOOOOOO LUCKY to have you both investing in them this week!!!! (and all year during SS!!) :)
Post a Comment