Sunday, February 22, 2009

February Vacation Fun!

I had the pleasure of spending winter vacation with the children and tried to make the most of it!
Monday
We couldn't find Peanut. He was pretending he was the little boy from "The Christmas Story" hiding in the cabinet...asking for a drink of milk...LOL!
Enjoyed the day with Daddy...
Went for a swim at the YMCA...

Date night with DH!!


Enjoyed a lovely dinner at Longhorn...

After dinner we went to Target and found this very sweet gift for DH's (Dear husband) dear friend, DH (actually, his initials...LOL!) aka Papa H.

The box plays the Jonas Brothers song, "When You Look Me in the Eyes".

Long story short...DH made Papa H a CD of songs they both like...they are easy listening songs. Well, Princess and Mama H and I LOVE to pick on them because the CD comes across as a compulation of love songs that one would give another in Jr. High! LOL!
Princess heard the Jonas Brothers song on the radio months ago and deemed it DH and Papa H's "theme song"...we just HAD to get the chocolates!!! LOL!

Tuesday
Trip to SHS for open gym...

Here's my high school locker...oh the memories...
My BBall Stars

Peanut wanted to take a picture of me.
I asked him what I should do or say...he said "Say, hey...I'm a gangster..."

So I did...NOT an attractive title for me!

Peanut put this shirt on and said, "My shirt says, 95!"
I said, "Yeah...that's how old you are"

I'm not 95. I'm fo-ah."
"Mr. Emery is 95."
"He is?"
"I think so...let's go ask him..."
Mr. Emery is indeed in his 96th year!!!
We LOVE this guy!!

Wednesday
I took the boys out to McDonald's and let Princess sleep in a little...

HotRod - "Oh, Momma...I think I ate too much!"
Princess's Grampy at McDonald's...what would McD's be without him!?
This is a sign Princess made for him YEARS ago...he hung it up at McD's to signify change that is to come following Obama's election.
I wanted her to have this as a keepsake!
Of course she was pleasantly surprised with a yummy breakfast when we got home!

Mama H and I took the boys to Chucky Cheese's then to Market Basket...
they had a LONG day but were sooooo good!!



Princess and I enjoyed a LOVELY evening of "Mama Mia" with my mom and grandmother!
What a blessing to have that opportunity!!
We have been trying to have movie nights every month or two.
Next on the list "Nights in Rodanthe".
I'm DEFINITELY taking pictures next time.
Thursday

We laid low...Peanut was sick...
Books, movies, naps

Friday
I got my haircut.
Helped Princess shovel for someone...it's for Leader's Club but we all go! LOL!
The boys had a blast sledding on her hill and I helped shovel.
It was a great time!

Princess is thrilled...can't you tell!
Actually...the lady called to see if Princess could go and she said yes right away...
No hesitation...
I was VERY proud!

After that I dropped Princess of (too much snow for one day!) and took the boys sledding!

Then a trip to the store and Peanut ran into a preschool friend...dear Sophia...

After that we headed off to Get Fired Up and made some crafts...
photos of finished products to follow!


Saturday

Saturday was HotRod's last game...
Coach Troy and Coach Tom LOVE HotRod...
See the love...


After the game Princess and I headed up to Bath for her swim meet...

This picture doesn't really show it but when there are this many people in the pool they look like ants on an ant hill...it's CRAZY!
Here's her team...
It was the "Festivus" Meet.

Festivus for the rest of us...the last of the people to get their third meet in before Y Champs!
Next Sunday we're heading up to Orono for that!!!

Princess is below in Lane 5




You'll have to watch this video twice!
Once to watch Peanut...he CRACKS us up!
The second time to see HOW MANY PEOPLE ARE CRAMMED INTO MY TINY KITCHEN!
My kitchen is MAYBE 8'x8...10'x10' at the ABSOLUTE most!!
Notice in this small area (note the SAME SIDE OF THE TINY KITCHEN)...
-me looking for something in the drawer because I'M TRYING TO COOK!
-Jessie and Princess right behind Peanut and HotRod's taping.

I laughed so hard when I watched this because these are the conditions I cook every evening...
I'll show you "Hell's Kitchen"!!
Honestly...I LOVE it! We all hang out and talk and we even throw it a dance party now and again!!

Sunday
Peanut and I missed church because he was up all night coughing...
During his nap we played Phase 10...
Until the Sprague's came over...
This is Michelle cutting Princess's hair...
She's the boy's new daycare provider and we're very grateful to have her and her husband, Gary, as friends!
We had a great time having breakfast for dinner...
I hope you enjoyed the activities of the week! I'm glad you took the time to share them with us!

3 comments:

Mama H said...

REALLY FUNNY movie of Tony!!!!!

Can someone please show me how to upload movies from my camera????????

Country Mouse said...

WHOA!! THAT IS ONE BUSY WEEK!!! :) Looks like you had a blast! :)

Momma S said...

You sure pack a lot in to one week! Love Cookie Monsters Birthday Party. So Cute! Good luck to Princes up in Orono!