Monday, August 18, 2008

How YOU doin'?

I LOVE SUMMER!!! I love how laid back everything is. Few obligatory commitments. I love having the children home. I'm a little sad Autumn is around the corner because everything is going to change.
Things I look forward to in the fall:
-buying school clothes
-buying school supplies (there's nothing like a new package of pencils or clean watercolor paints)
-beautiful foliage
-cooler days and nights (not TOO cool!)
-apple picking
-baking more
-wearing sweaters with shorts
-first day of school (I still get butterflies and it's not even me going!)
The week behind us:
Monday-library for story time...Peanut made a dragon! Dinner with the Rogers clan (see previous post)
Tuesday-chores
Wednesday-Funtown with my neighbors, Marianne and Alyssa!! FUN!FUN!FUN! (see pictures below)
Thursday-one library for Bug Zoo (no pics b/c Peanut was too young to go so we stayed upstairs)and one library for Memory Box craft (Peanut uses it for Shrek baby's bed...LOL!). Invited to dinner at Country Mouse's house to spend time with new friends! Time went by way too quickly!! What a blessing that was!
Friday & Saturday-worked (getting a little easier everyday) Saturday Christopher took the boys to play mini-golf and Emily spent the day with her Dad.
Sunday-church, invited this family over for Anniversary lunch (Happy Anniversary!!!), baptism (LOVE THEM...ALWAYS cry even if I don't know the person getting baptised) and then dinner with my LOVELY sisters for their 24th Birthday!!
Shout out to J & J!!! Happy 24th!!!
We had another picture...the three of us sipping from that yummy Strawberry Daiquiri you see here...but I deleted by accident!!! My poor husband...I couldn't stop talking about it last night because I was so disappointed. It would give me that small cold sinking feeling in my gut every time I thought about it. I hate losing pictures...it makes me so sad, like I'll never have that memory again or something! I'm sorry I lost it J&J...

The week ahead of us:
Monday-library and babysitting S&S; Christopher jamming with fellow musicians at church
Tuesday-Dr's appt and babysitting S&S; Christopher's playing golf
Wednesday-working
Thursday-library to see a pig (pics for sure!), appt with eye doctor and bringing dinner to ill friend.
Friday-library (maybe)
Saturday & Sunday -working
We're going to squeeze in a trip or two to the beach this week!! Also maybe a little school shopping!
Ok...so pictures of Funtown:



4 comments:

Mama H said...

Why is A-man throwing up 'signs'? Do all the kids at CJL use them?? hahahaha.

mykids4hisglory said...

I have no idea...did you notice his PLASTIC bling!!!??? He's hilarious!!!

Mama H said...

No...but now that you mention it, THAT IS EVEN MORE HILARIOUS!!!

Country Mouse said...

Love your fall list. Here's my favorite things...

Schedule
Schedule
Schedule

:) Oh how I love me a schedule! :)