Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Weekend and Monday Night...

Our weekend was dubbed by my DH as "The Weekend of 'S'". We did nothing as planned. I feel lazy and fat because we literally sat around, ate, played video games and watched movies ALL WEEKEND!! We did get up and out to the park on Saturday and did a little yard work on Sunday but that's all. LOL!
* watched "College Road Trip", "Stuart Little", "21", "I am Legend", "Pinocchio", "SpongeBob SquarePants 'Pest of the West'"
* ate fried chicken, french fries, whoopie pies, ice cream, ice cream, ice cream, pizza, pancakes, chips...I'm thinking MAYBE some fruits and veggies in there but not really...oh yeah, a couple of run and cokes for Mommy...
* played Mario Party 6 and Sonic Racer and Monopoly
It was nice to allow the children to pretty much eat and play whatever they wanted. It was laid back and relaxed and a lot of fun. I don't think I've seen BigGuy smile so much. I didn't take pics because frankly...that's work...LOL!
Monday night was great!! Mom made a lasagna and garlic bread (awesome HOT COMFORT food) and I made a salad and brownies. We reminisced and caught up and laughed and cried and it was awesome. It wasn't NEARLY enough time to visit! When K, S and M pulled up and got out of their cars I couldn't help the waterworks. It seemed like no time went by but way too much at the same time!! I realized how much I truly did miss them! Nobody has changed except we're all a little older and some with little ones. I feel truly BLESSED to have been able to spend even the short time with them. They have very busy vacation schedules and the fact that they took the time to see us means a lot!!
First a little history: Mom married Kirk in (I think!!)1984. Ages are approximate but I think I was 9, Kirk, Jr aka Casey was 8, Jay was 7, Sarah was 6 and Matt was 5. After about 10 years of marriage we didn't have any contact with anyone until recently! It's been about 15 or so years since we've seen them!! Kirk, Jr lived with us for his sophomore year in high school so there's a little more history there.
Kirk and Sophija live in Germany and he is a translater and translater instructor at a university. Sarah is a nurse in Colorado and Matt owns his own appliance repair company in New Hampshire.
Check out the pictures below and I'll do my best to caption them!
HotRod and Maddie playing with Luca, Matt and Val's baby.

Sarah with Zakk and Kirk. You can see a little bit of Kirk's youngest, Francisca (sp?) in the corner of the picture.

Val, Matt and Luca...Hayleigh, Jay's daughter in foreground.

Sophija (sp?), Kirk's wife, Sarah and I

Sarah, Kirk, Matthew, Me, Jay and Mom (check out the body language...it looks like we all felt a little awkward but you wouldn't know it but how relaxed the atmosphere was)

The crew...I can't list everyone...most everyone you know...newbies are Sarah in Adidas sweatshirt, Kirk with wife Sophija and son, Max and daughter, Francisca and Matt with wife Val and daughter, Luca...

Can you have a new family be a reunified old family?! I'm so very grateful to have gotten reconnected! Do I seriously have 6 siblings again?! OMW!!!

No comments: