Friday, September 26, 2008

Big things for little boys...

Get your mind out of the gutter and listen to me!
HotRod has been having a hard time with a little boy in his class. He tells HotRod he doesn't belong in that class because he should be in 2nd grade not 3rd! He gives him dirty looks and tells others to be mean to HotRod.
We've had several talks about this. It's an ongoing issue. This week the teacher and guidance counselor got involved.
We always teach the children to treat others the way they would want to be treated. To treat people that are mean to us with kindness. I teach it but wonder if it sinks in.
WELL...at the open house yesterday the guidance counselor pulled us aside and told us a little story.
She heard that yesterday HotRod told this little puke (I mean boy) that he didn't like being treated the way he has been. I told him that takes a lot of courage! Later in the day the other little boy was asked by the teacher to organize games. When HotRod noticed he was doing a project HotRod went up to him and asked if he could help! HotRod told me they worked together as a team and it went really well.
I just had to share because I always tell HotRod God has big things, really big things, planned for him. He has such a giving, caring spirit I see something really special in that him.
Anyway, I told him yesterday these are the things that make me feel the way I do about his future.

4 comments:

Mama H said...

Being able to step outside of your comfort zone...that's something that a lot of adults struggle with. I'm impressed that Hotrod had the courage to offer some help to the other little boy. What a brave move!

Country Mouse said...

Very GOOD!!

Anonymous said...

I know that he has struggled with that situation for a while. What a great relolution. So proud of him! Grammy

TracyMichele said...

Pats on the back for you, Mom! And a BIG GREAT JOB for HotRod! :):)