Grossest thing that happened this weekend was I found a fly on my counter with a reddish bottom...killed it and opened the napkin to see why it looked so funky...I found 2 or 3 of THESE chomping at it!!! Little scorpian tick looking things!! FREAKED me right out!!! Apparently they are common?! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE don't let me find another one...they are creepy looking!!!
Saturday morning brought soccer...LOVE this time of year...my favorite I think...better than basketball or baseball! I enjoy watching soccer best of all!
Peanut is learning basics. Dribbling, stopping, following directions, teamwork...
...*ahem* I think his shorts may be a little too little?!
Snugglin' watchin' "Wizard of Oz"...
Shout out to my baby bro'!!! He turned 32!!!!!!! on Friday and we had his family over for lunch...
We had his favorite - pork chops, carrots, mashed potatoes and for dessert my Punchbowl Cake (layers of pound cake, pudding, cherry pie filling, crushed pineapple, cool whip and walnuts)
Ok...let's do numbers. My mom has Jay and I for offspring. With the twists and turns, trials and blessings of life she, my mom, has 10 grandchildren!!!
Jay and Tara have two of their own, Jay has a stepson, and two from a previous relationship and they have been awarded guardianship of a friend's teenage daughter. Then there's my clan!!! So...BIG lunch...Dad and Jeanne joined us for dessert and it was an AWESOME AWESOME afternoon. We hung out in the front yard for a few hours and it was great.
Felt a little towny-ish but...
The kids rode bikes, there was guitar playing, chatting, cruises in Pepere's convertible...it was great!!!
I hope Jay had a nice time and felt loved by all of us!
Happy Birthday, Jay!!!
1 comment:
Looks like a fantastic family filled weekend! :) I have a pic from the MK party if you want it on your blog :) BAH!!! :)
Post a Comment