Sunday, September 28, 2008

It was a dark and rainy weekend...

Good thing I bought a raincoat for $.50 at a church fair!!! It definitely came in handy this weekend!

See picture at Cold Stone. You can't miss the reflectors...

Friday morning I joined Mama H for a church fair and got a wool jacket, sports coat (too small) and tie for hubby. A lined raincoat and two sweaters for me. A Power Rangers costume for boys for $4.50!!
Friday night was DATE NIGHT!!! How I love a date night...

We went out for BBQ then to see "Fireproof" then ice cream. Great conversation. Cried. Laughed. Ate. All of my favorite past times!
If you have an opportunity to see "Fireproof" please do so. It was fabulous. Acting is a little shoddy but the story line is second to none.
When we got back to Mama and Papa H's our husbands surprised us with a rose.

HotRod spent the night at his friend's house so Saturday went to pick him up early just to find out soccer was cancelled so went to pick up our van at M&P H (left it there overnight so hubby and I could drive home together) and enjoyed a cup of coffee/tea and some muffins. Stopped at store for some things. Dad and J came over for a few hours for a nice visit. While they were over I made an apple cranberry walnut pie for our dessert later that evening.

Saturday night we joined my nursing school buddy, J and her hubby, B for a great lasagna, chopped salad, pie and fellowship! What a great couple and blessing to us! I'm grateful I met such a wonderful lady through the tortures of nursing school!!! She was my saving grace on more than one occassion and continues to be!Notice HotRod in the background...he THOUGHT he was tricking us. LOL! Look at that face!
Sunday brings church (my turn to teach S.S. and we have Jr. Church this week) Fun! Fun! Fun!
Then cleaning...our house is a disaster area. We are creating a plan and HOPEFULLY sticking to it. I can't take all of this clutter and junk anymore!

2 comments:

Mama H said...

That pie looks AMAZING!!! Can you make me one!!?? hahaha.

I love the beautiful backdrop on the picture from our house. HILARIOUS. Construction zone meets tender rose moments...hahaha...priceless. :)

Sounds like an awesome weekend. Can't wait to hear how your Sunday afternoon went. :) Give me a call so we can coordinate a night to get together this week. :)

Gilpatric Family said...

I am so honored to make the blog!!!
We loved having you and we will need to get together again soon. We went to see "Fireproof" on Sunday and we both cried!!!
Good luck with the clutter plan...you can do it!!
Love ya,
June