I had my little meltdown today...summer is officially over. Everyone's going back to school. :o(
This is what has occurred since my last post:
babysat my girlfriend's two boys, had ANOTHER check-up with Dr. Gyne (UGH! I'm DONE with it all!!! NOW I have huge bilateral cysts...when is this going to end!!!??), saw a pig and farmer at library, Princess and I had eye appts. (we have excellent vision...I have to go back when I'm 40...that's only 5 1/2 years!!!! OMW!!!), dropped off dinner and got in a LONG overdue visit with ill friend, beach ALL DAY 10am-10pm with the P family (my dear friend that watches Peanut), I worked the weekend of 23 & 24, DH took boys to Canobie Lake Park...they had a BLAST, computer training, dentist appts for boys...PERFECT teeth, worked Wednesday, dentist appt for me (I need some work done...YUCK! I HATE having work done!!!), open houses at Peanut and HotRod's schools then off to camping at FRB!!!
Camping we: watched "Nim's Island" in their theater, played junior soccer, Chummy Ball (kickball with a twist), softball (I took a HARD one in the ribs/collarbone [this guy was 6'4" and at least 290!!!]-DH asked me if my cervix was ok!!! LOL!! He was kidding of course!), watched a hilarious stand up comedy/singer guy, junior capture the flag, scavenger hunt (won Slurpee's), had fried dough, watched "Ratatouille" and the kids played Candy Bar Bingo, we swam in the pool, went down the water slide, played arcade games (well, the boys did), I read almost an entire book "Here If You Need Me" by Kate Braestrup...very good!!! And ate yummy food and slept better than I have in WEEKS!!! It was FABULOUS!!! And...we took Jessie and she was AWESOME!!!
And oh yeah...came home and the house smelled like something AWFUL...Christopher thought maybe there was a dead animal (rat?!) in the cabinet. I tore it apart, cleaned everything and nothing! The smell was definitely coming from that area though...come to find out I put some ground turkey in the microwave (?!) and forgot it there!!! IT WAS DIS.GUST.ING!!!!!!
Pros: it wasn't a dead animal and my cabinet is now clean and organized...
I keep trying to figure out ways to spend more time camping in the summer. Seasonal is out...too expensive. Packing up every weekend to go is exhausting...I don't know...I'll figure it out!
Also, I had a job interview for a P/T school nurse position at local rural high school...I'll keep you posted on that! The major hindrance is the benefits are THROUGH.THE.ROOF!!! Plus technicalities like certifications and what not...LOL!
Well...it's time to go to bed!
Have a great day!
xo
Lynne
PS...when I find my camera I will post pictures!
The Weekend Report
1 day ago
2 comments:
I need to know more about this Chummy Ball (kickball with a twist)...do tell...
MISSED your posts my friend! Exhausted reading all that you have been doing though! :) And you think I'M BUSY! :) tee hee hee!!!
Post a Comment