Friday, December 26, 2008

The Ultimate Gift!

Setting: Lying in Peanut's bed. Snuggling. Getting ready for a nap on Christmas Eve.
Peanut: "Mommy, will you live a long long long long time."
Mommy: "Well, I'm not sure. It's up to God. He has a plan for me. He knows but no one else does."
Peanut: "Will I live a long long long time?"
Mommy: "I don't know. Again, God knows. I do know one thing though...after I die on Earth I will live forever in Heaven with Jesus."
big smile "You will?"
"Yup. Do you want to?"
bigger smile "Yeah!
"Well, I have some questions for you first. Do you believe you are a sinner?" (We've talked about what this means a few times)
"Yup."
"Do you believe Jesus was born and that he died for you and rose again 3 days later?"
"Yes."
"Do you believe that He will come again someday?"
"Yup."
After that we prayed together and Peanut accepted Christ as his personal Savior.
The least expensive, easiest gift to receive is Eternal Life through Jesus and on Christmas Eve 2008 the last of my kidlets accepted this most wonderful gift!
*~*~*~*~*~*
For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. John 3:16

4 comments:

Country Mouse said...

I'm crying all over again! :) Whoooopppiiieee Peanut! :)

Mama H said...

Priceless indeed...I'm THRILLED that he is a Brother in Christ!

~ Laurie said...

oh how sooo sweet! I stood outside LG's door when DH prayed with her...it was WONDERFUL!

Momma S said...

My eyes are damp, and my heart is full. What a beautiful Christmas moment.