Tuesday, December 16, 2008

What a weekend...

In our home if we want a snow day we wear our pj's inside out and drink hot cocoa.
I think Peanut wearing his underpants on the OUTSIDE of his pj's is what set us over the edge!!
HotRod woke us up at 2:30 AM to tell us the power was out.
Then came the branches falling down. They hit the roof (our new roof mind you!) and shook the house. HotRod was feeling very anxious but I sang the chorus of "Great is Thy Faithfulness" and I think he felt a little better. So did I...I was a wreck...so worried about bigger branches!!
By about 11 the next morning we were getting chilly...55 in the house. Our dear neighbors...The B's invited us over for "woodstove time"...we enjoyed tea, soup and heat.
It was a nice few hours of fellowship, games and food.

Peanut took a trip with Mrs. B to the basement and found this.
He LOVES exploring in their home.
They've traveled a have a lot of interesting ecclectic things.
Everyone was feeling a little restless so we took a walk around the neighborhood to assess the damage and beauty. This tree was BEAUTIFUL with the ice covered berries.
Saturday morning I worked. Princess stayed with her girlfriend and the testosterone...ahem...I mean boys went to CT for the DH Christmas party.
VERY happy campers at the rest stop.


The Crew
I was so disappointed I missed it!
I came home from work on Saturday night and the house was 45!!
Thank GOD our friends, Anne & Scott, let us borrow two kerosene heaters...even with the window cracked it got pretty toasty upstairs in time for everyone else's arrival.
I worked again on Sunday and everyone had church then joined me at the hospital for lunch. I invited them to stay and watch the game and stay warm but we had electricity by then so they
went home!
It was a total of 60ish hours.
Princess and her girlfriend put all of the frozen food in out on the porches on Saturday while I was a work and Christopher was in CT but we lost everything in the fridge.
Also, Mom & Steve took Jessie because we were all gone all day Saturday and I was worried she'd be too cold. (They have a woodstove.)
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
***Side note***
THANK YOU ALL POWER LINE WORKERS...
We are so grateful to have our power back and definitely take it for granted!!
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Monday night Christopher and I went Christmas shopping and my Mom came for dinner, hung out with the kiddos, watched the taped Survivor and snuck in a hot shower!!
She just got power this am!!
Tuesday evening was caroling in our neighborhood with Peanut's preschool...both the two and three days groups.
His teacher, Miss Karen, is the bomb!!
Miss Karen is the one below with the blue/purple coat holding a SNS bag
After singing we all returned to our house for cookies, hot cocoa and a little visiting!
It was a great time!!
We're wearing our pj's inside out again in hopes for a snow day tomorrow (2"-6").
Peanut DID NOT wear his underwear on the outside this time though!!

3 comments:

Country Mouse said...

Ok, the pic of the little one with the wig... HYSTERICAL!!! THAT IS A HOOT!!!! :) Thanks for the shout out to the line workers... warms my heart :)

Mama H said...

Agreed...I know know what Tony's going to look like when he's 80...HYSTERICAL!!!!

Momma S said...

Glad your powers back up. Looks like you made the best of it without. Agreed, the wig is a riot!