Tuesday, January 6, 2009

My New Secret Pleasure

I don't get a lot of alone time to listen to what I want to listen to in the van. I have been enjoying my commute to and from work on the two days a week I work because I am able to.
A few years ago my DH got me an XM Radio.
I LOVE IT!!!
Somtimes I listen to Oprah or Martha Stewart Living.
Sometimes I listen to The Message.
Sometimes I listen to Kiss, Mix and Pop2K.
Sometimes I listen to Laugh USA or National Lampoon.
Sometimes I listen to Reach MD or Doctor Radio.
Sometimes I wish my commute was longer.
My new secret pleasure is....
Hair Nation!!!! 80's Hair Bands!!!
I've been listening to Def Leppard, Lita Ford, Kiss, Poison, Kix, Scorpion, Great White, Whitesnake, Gun's 'N Roses!!!
I know the lyrics to SO MANY of these songs that I have forgotten all about!!!
It brings me back to Jr. High/High School like it was YESTERDAY!!!
It's been so much fun!!!
I was blasting and singing, very loudly, Lita Ford's "Kiss Me Deadly" (This video is rated R...LOL!) I was a rock star!!
Also, I was listening to a song...didn't know what it was until the chorus...Kiss's "Let's Put the X in Sex". I remember singing this when I was little!!! I had NO IDEA what I was singing!!!! I wonder if that was the same year I was Paul Stanley for Halloween with my aluminum foil wrapped moon boots and star painted on my eye. Again, I was a rock star!!!
Two things before I go:
1) Did women REALLY think Paul Stanley was sexy with those moves?
2) The music we listened to when we were teens is just as raunchy as the music our teens are listening to today!!
Does anyone else have a guilty pleasure they'd like to share? And, remember...this is a family show!

8 comments:

Mama H said...

Hilarious! Absolutely hilarious!

Lita Ford...Went to a party last Saturday night...OH MY...

I have to admit, I had to GOOGLE Paul Stanley....apparently I'm not the 80's chick that I thought I was...hahaha. Now I know who he is though. I wasn't much for the headbanger types...I guess I was more of a POP GIRL...(Whitney Houston, Bangles, Gloria Estefan, etc)

Guilty Pleasures...I need to think about this one because nothing pops out at me. I'm sure I have one...Maybe I'm in denial...hahaha!

Country Mouse said...

I'm going to make Husband read this. He's going to ask if he can commute to and from work with you I'm convinced of it. :)

LouAnn Tovey said...

OMG! I probably know all the words to Kiss Me Deadly... ask Ms. Jones! What a riot!

LouAnn Tovey said...

OMG! I probably know all the words to Kiss Me Deadly... ask Ms. Jones! What a riot!

LouAnn Tovey said...

OMG! I probably know all the words to Kiss Me Deadly... ask Ms. Jones! What a riot!

LouAnn Tovey said...

OMG! I probably know all the words to Kiss Me Deadly... ask Ms. Jones! What a riot!

Anonymous said...

Now that you're a parent, you can apppreciate my memory of a busload of Jr. High students embarking on a field trip singing Billy Squire's "Stroke" at the top of their lungs. OMG!!! LOL

Mom

Emily (Flood) Austin said...

OMG!! I HAVE a pic of you that year from Halloween night with you, your brother, and my sister and I. I had forgotten ALL ABOUT THAT!! It will def take some doing but maybe I can come across it one of these days and either email or post a copy. LOL! Funny thing is, I can't remember what the rest of us were that year, but I DO remember your costume, but guess it never donned on me that you were Paul Stanley either! Too Funny!