Shout out to MOM!!!!!
Gave me toast w/creton (pronounced 'cretau' with French accent...NOT 'creetin'!!!)
YUMMY!!!
SOOOOO EXCITED ABOUT A FAMILY TRACK DAY AT MY OLD STOMPING GROUNDS...THE SHS TRACK!!!
Ran into someone I ran track with (no, not literally) and she asked me if I ran track in high school...ouch!
I actually went out of my way to approach her b/c I thought it would be cool to chat.
I remember her and she doesn't remember me?!
How can that be? I'm chalking it up to the fact that she was an upperclassman my freshman year....
Still a blow to the ego...I know I wasn't a "star" per se but I did place in most meets in SOMETHING (I did a relay, the 200, high jump and shot put...also a little javelin)...yeah, ok, it was mainly shot put....DON'T LAUGH...it got us some points and I qualified for regionals which was important to me...so...
sometimes we see ourselves differently than we think others see us.
That is my revelation for today.
Here are some pictures of Aaron participating in some of my old events...I didn't allow him to TOUCH a javelin...yikes!
We need to talk to Country Mouse's DH about working on his form!
Emily wouldn't let me take pictures of her because it's "just a stupid practice"!!!
Here are some from a track meet we went to...
Some regrets re: pictures...I wanted one of Coach Walker, Emily and I as well as one of me throwing the shot put and I didn't have the guts to do it. I don't want people to think I'm blog crazy and weird.
Funny blog story...
We were watching National Treasure 2 tonight and the treasure hunters were finding cool stuff but not taking pictures of it and I yelled at the screen, "Take a picture of it" and Emily piped in with, "They're not going to put it on their blog, MOTHER!" LOL! I suggested it for cataloging purposes but hey...one more to add to the crazy list of bloggers, eh?!
I have some recipes I want to post...but I'll do it tomorrow...I'm tired!
4 comments:
I had no idea that the ALUMNI MEET was yesterday!!?? I would have come down to watch...hahaha. Seriously.
I love that there IS an alumni meet! :) That is a good time!! :) Not that I'd participate... :) but still a good time :)
Well...my DD got a few things incorrect. I went expecting an alumni meet/practice and BBQ b/c that's what I was told. Got there and it was a practice that family got to go down on the field and watch. Kids jumped on mats, threw shot and ran around the track. And oh yeah...we were the ONLY ones that packed dinner!! The only reason the girl I spoke with was there was b/c her daughter is also a freshman...
I'm a little humbled by the fact that I blew it out of proportion...LOL!
It was fun...but not what I expected...LOL!
The funny blog story solidified your position as an addicted blogger. :)
Post a Comment