Thursday, May 29, 2008

Recipes...

The first one is by request of Country Mouse both for her and her dear friend tracymichele! Hey girls!
The first one has no name...how about:
Left Over Kabobs Transformed into A Yummy Pesto Pasta Thingy
So...there you go...that's the recipe...LOL!
Next time you make kabobs with meat (chicken) and veggies (summer squash, zucchini, peppers of all colors, onions) grill a little extra. Cut them into smaller pieces, maybe add some chopped fresh tomatoes, some premade pesto (Classico) and whole wheat pasta of your choice (penne). Toss and enjoy...good hot or cold...good with parmesan or feta!
Next one I made for dinner yesterday and we love it so much I wanted to share it.
Crunchy Apple Salad
1 cup plain low fat yogurt
1 Tbsp honey
1/4 tsp vanilla
1 Tbsp low fat mayo or Miracle Whip
3 sprinkles cinnamon (I usually don't add it into dressing but sprinkle it on top)
1/4 cup chopped almonds, chopped walnuts, raisins, chopped mixed dried fruit or craisins (I used almonds and mixed fruit last night...big hit! I think my favorite is almonds with craisins)
2 large apples, one red one green makes it look nice
1 can pineapple tidbits, in its own juice, drained
Mix everything except for the apples and pineapples together in a medium sized bowl.
Slice core and cut the apple into chunks. Add to bowl.
Drain pineapple. Add to the bowl and toss gently.
Chill until ready to serve.
ENJOY!!!

5 comments:

Mama H said...

I love the pasta thingy with FETA....oh man...I'm hungry. Is it wrong that I want feta in pasta salad at 6:55am!!?? Nah...

Country Mouse said...

OH my goodness yes... VERY WRONG :)

SO speaking of food Lynne... I just want you to know that girl that doesn't eat nuts or wheat bread or grainy things of any sort LOVED the whole wheat pasta and threw in some oat bran and flax seed into my yogurt,fruit and granola this AM for breakfast...

How do you like THEM apples?!!? :)

mykids4hisglory said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Gilpatric Family said...

Sounds yummy! You've been spending your time well I see. This blog tells me you probably can scrapbook!
Well done...
June

TracyMichele said...

YUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!