Friday, May 30, 2008

Man Points

This is one of the cool things I wanted to share...
At a marriage conference we went to recently the speakers shared a way they show their boys they are proud of them for making a good choice or performing a task that shows they are growing into fine Christian men. These are man points.
We started them with RyRy (now known as The Big Guy), A-man (now known as Buddy) and Tony (now known as Peanut). I'm changing the boy's nicknames...LOL!
Anyway...some examples this week:
We were getting out of the van. I was grabbing some bags and what not and Peanut started taking the trash cans up to the side of the house. I NEVER said a word about him...he just did it! Man point...
This morning we were all upstairs getting ready with the exception of Buddy so I called downstairs to find out what he was doing and why he wasn't upstairs with the rest of us. He was downstairs getting breakfast ready for everyone. He set out several cereals, juice, fruit, bowls, cups, silver ware...the whole nine yards!
Man point...
When I give them a big hug, ruffle their hair and say man point they beam.
What a blessing!

1 comment:

Mama H said...

I love the idea. Ever since you told me about it, we've also been doing the MAN POINT thing...PQ thinks it great too. He keeps track of his though...he reminds us once in a while that he has six man points...hahaha

PS...the nicknames are hard for me....I know, I know...I'm a creature of habit. HAHA