Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Oh, Boy...

Yup, we did it! We went to look at the "Coveted House Down the Street". We can't decide if that was a good move or just plain TORTURE!!! Believe it or not the pictures DO NOT do it justice!!! The house is WAY more beautiful than the slide show even touches at. Beautiful light fixtures, gorgeous hard wood floors throughout, tile floors in a few rooms, HUGE finished basement, ENORMOUS garage, 2nd floor laundry, two ovens, a gas fireplace, gas "woodstove" and regular woodstove, two full and one 1/2 bath, spiral staircase (apparently that's "cool") and much more.

We're struggling though. Can we sell our house? Can we afford this other house? It will be about $500 a month more than what we pay now and/but it's twice as big. We can afford it if I work full-time (three 12's a week). Do I want to work "full-time"? Will there be extra for extras if we feel mortgaged out? We made a pros and cons list last night. It's even.

We will be praying a lot and hope you will too.

May God's will be done!

4 comments:

Mama H said...

Uuuhh...I was wondering when I would see a post. I felt so bad after we left last night because I can't even imagine how you guys must feel. Talk about a LIFE CHANGING decision!!!! Please keep us posted...and if we need to plan another prayer session sooner than next week, please let us know. :)

Country Mouse said...

WHAT!?!?! H family got to SEE THE HOUSE!!!?!?!?! OH SO NOT FAIR!!! :) I WANT IN! I can't see the slide show at work and come on now... as IF my dial-up at home will do it justice!?!?! :)

Mama H said...

We LUCKED into it, really...only because our original dinner date wasn't going to work out on Thursday. Trust me, it's was sheer luck that it worked out. Plus, Papa H has an eye for 'construction'.

TracyMichele said...

Yikes. You have some pretty big ticket items there on the con side.

This is what I do when I can decide. I commit to an answer.. one way or the other. I give it a few days to see how I am feeling. Then, I turn the table and go with the other answer. Compare my feelings on both. Was I overwhelmed at either thought? Did I have a peace about either? Was there anxiety related to either answer? Those are usually clues for me to back away from something or go for it.

I'll be praying for wisdom in all this.