Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Our weekend...

(I screwed up the layout on this one...trying to be creative and, ick...not working...I'm tired and I don't want to fool w/it! Sorry!)
Saturday we hosted a birthday party for my niece, Maddie.
She turned "free" on 5/31.
We had a blast!!!



My nephew, Zakk...

Princess Maddie

6 mil plastic sheeting = $25
snow tubes = $6
Watching the fun everyone had = priceless
That's my nephew, Talor, in the lower left hand corner
Mom pushing Maddie and Peanut

We had our selves a little petting zoo. My SIL, T.A.'s father (Cherokee) came with his snake and ferret. WEIRD!! He's NEVER BEEN TO MY HOUSE BEFORE...MET ME ONCE AT THE WEDDING AND BRINGS A REPTILE AND RODENT TO MY HOUSE!!!!???? T.A. apologized for him but we were outside and kids thought it was great so...what can you do? My mom has, as she puts it, "a reptile dysfunction" so she was keeping her distance. And surprisingly...Jessie didn't eat the ferret.

Sunday...they honored the graduates at church. I was the oldest, of course...felt a little silly and proud standing there at the front of the church w/ all the youngin's. They also had a picnic in our honor...that was nice!!! I had a great time eating and hanging out! My two favorite passed times...LOL!
Sunday was my bestest girlfriend JF's Bday...yes, JF, I am still older than you! But only by, what, 6 weeks!?

Through thick and thin: boyfriends, babies, moves, breakups, college, divorce, health issues, distance...the list could go on and on...having virtually NOTHING in common except for each other.......my constant for the passed 16 years!!!

Love you, Honey!

Peanut on our, and I measured it, 98 degree sunporch w/a polyester Superman suit and fleece hat!? Who is responsible for this child?! He actually looks like he's in pain! hehehe

I'm into my second week of full-time work. I don't know how you people do it! I am SO glad it's only two weeks...I'd go nutty! I can't seem to get anything done!! I can't wait to get my first paycheck though...LOL!

I took my boards on Monday...still waiting to hear if I passed. I have hope!!!

The house down the street that I have been DROOLING over is going back on the market. Apparently they don't like the construction trailer the neighbor put in her backyard. She is planning on using it as a little bunkhouse but they consider it an eyesore. ANYWAY...when it was on the market last year we were disappointed b/c we said if it were NEXT summer...now this summer...we would be able to afford it b/c I'd be working.

I covet that house in a VERY big way!!!

I guess that's all for now. Godspeed!!!

4 comments:

TracyMichele said...

What good is a blog if you can't post a picture of your dream home? AND the eyesore of a bunkhouse in the neighbor's yard. Come on... pictures for those of us a bazillion miles away! :)

Love the make-shift slipNslide. Now THAT is resourceful!

mykids4hisglory said...

LOL! Never thought of taking pics...duh!!! Some to follow. It's literally 2 or 3 houses down the street so I can stay in my wonderful neighborhood!!!
Reb, wanna move here? *wink*wink*

Mama H said...

OH MY GOODNESS!!!!!! That's awesome!!!!!!! I can't believe the house is back on the market. This might be your time. Seriously!!!! It would be exactly what you are looking for (bedrooms, location, etc). God works in wonderful ways so be sure to pray about it!!!

Take some pics and post them...I live a few miles down the street but I would love to see pics...as I'm sure T would too in TN!

Country Mouse said...

ooooooooo yes that house IS amazing :) I know the one... but I want pics too :)